Best little black dress for the end of the year parties to re-wear all year long in 2022. The black mini-dresses have been everywhere the past season on the runway. The little black dress is a great investment, a perfect New Year’s eve outfit, a true wardrobe staple that you can wear for many occasions: cocktail, date night, friends party, office party. I selected my 10 favorite black dresses for the end-of-the-year parties in partnership with My Theresa, my favorite online shopping website for designer clothing and trendy luxury items.
The little black dress as per the runway
2022 dress trends:
- Bodycon. We saw a huge return to the sexy 2000’s bodycon dress on the runway.
- Short. The shorter, the better: if you can, adopt for the mini dress: a great trend this season.
- Mesh. For an edgy and sexy sensation: go for a mesh dress or play with transparency.
- Cut-out. For a fashion-forward approach, play with cut-out.
- Maxi Shoulders. For a more elevated look: adopt a dress with dramatic shoulders.
10 perfect little black dresses for New Year’s Eve 2021
Coperni – The cut out black mini dress
Nensi Dojaka – LVMH 2021 Prize winner: The sexy sensation: cut-out and mesh
Self Portrait: Lace paneled taffeta black midi dress
Jonathan Simkhai: cut-out maxi dress
The Attico: The satin tailored mini dress
Self Portrait: The blazer sparkling mini dress
Christopher Esber: The cutout wool midi shirt dress best little black dress
Khaite: The sophisticated off-shoulder black midi dress
Rotate Birger Christensen: bodycon ruched coated mini dress
Ganni: Lace transparent midi dress to layer
Shop the edit
More colorful options? Shop below
Need more inspiration? See this blog post: Best dresses from the runway.