The woman’s black leather jacket is one of the favorite French girl staples to achieve an effortlessly chic look. As a French woman, I can tell that my friends and I are always speaking about our leather biker jacket, also called “Perfecto”! We are always looking for Saint Laurent, Givenchy-inspired leather jackets. Leather jackets are the perfect transitional wardrobe staple for Fall and Spring and it is also timeless piece. I have tried and owned many leather jackets and I am so happy to share my review below.
See below a selection of stylish and premium buttery leather jackets.
Best affordable leather jacket for woman
Best way to snag a luxury premium leather jacket
Although it is an iconic stylish piece, the designer leather biker jacket is (very) expensive as it uses premium leather: lambskin. Indeed, lambskin is the softest type of leather. My favorite lambskin leather jacket is from Saint Laurent and it is made in Italy (the normal retail price is $5000).
Although, I have never found a jacket that equaled Saint Laurent’s quality; I did find some amazing affordable leather jackets at All Saints, Sezane (eco-conscious), Sandro(eco-conscious), Anine Bing, Ashville Iro jacket, and Acne. These jackets don’t compromise on style and quality.
If it is your first time investing in a timeless black leather jacket, remember the following tips:
- This is a piece that you will keep for at least 10 years (and more), it is worth investing in.
- Black leather and silver hardware are timeless and perfect for a first-time investment jacket.
- With a budget of $500, you can get beautiful lambskin leather jackets at Sezane (bonus it will be eco-conscious) and All Saints.
- In between $500 – $1000: check out Sandro and any model on sale at Italist and Farfetch (you may be lucky).
- If your budget is around $1000 and you are looking for the IT-Girl Jacket: check out Iro (the style is very close to Saint Laurent and Celine with a rock chic touch), Anine Bing (the style is very close to Acne Studios with a minimal oversized touch).
- If you are only obsessed with the Saint Laurent Black Leather Jacket but can’t afford to spend $5000, check out the Real Real and Saint Laurent Outlet. I found and tried some Saint Laurent Leather Jackets at the Real Real (second-hand store) in excellent condition for $2000. I also found a great lambskin Saint Laurent leather jacket at the Saint Laurent outlet shop (Desert Hills near Palm Springs) for $2000.
TOP 10 Black Leather Jackets for Women
All Saints is a great alternative for a leather jacket below $500. My favorite biker jacket is the Balfern (in sheepskin), and the cut is a little cropped. All Saints also introduces new colors and styles every season. If you are a fan of Saint Laurent / Acne / Iro leather moto jacket (prices are between $4500 to $1200), go for the All Saints Balfern jacket because it is a little bit cropped.
Balfern Leather Jacket
I also love to wear the Dalby jacket from All Saints.
Dalby Leather Jacket
I love the Sezane Zig leather jacket. This jacket is a true Parisian staple. I saw many girls wearing it in Paris, New York, and Los Angeles, and each time I loved how it looks! Sezane doesn’t use chrome for tanning its leather jackets, which is more sustainable. I own one and did a full review here.
Zig black leather jacket
Sezane brown moto jacket
Anine Bing Benjamin Leather Jacket
Hype, effortless, and trendy, the Anine Bing Maverick and Benjamin leather jackets are moto-inspired leather jackets crafted in supple black leather. These classic styles are accented with silver hardware, lending a hint of rebellious edge to their timeless design. These jackets are currently very trendy and perfect for the minimalist cool girl.
Anine Bing Biker Jacket – $1199
Anine Bing Benjamin Moto Jacket – $1100
The Sandro Leather Jacket
French girls love their French labels. Many Parisian girls shop their leather jackets at the Parisian brand: Sandro. Plus the leather is eco-conscious: it comes from a tannery in line with the best industry practice in terms of the environment (use of chemicals, water and energy consumption, runoff, and emissions).
Iro Ashville leather jacket
One of IRO’s most iconic pieces: the Ashville leather perfecto is an essential part of the Parisian wardrobe. I felt in love with a cream version some years ago and I love this model so much. I also have and wear my black leather jacket from Iro (not the Ashville but the model before it) for over 13 years now.
Acne Mock Leather Biker Jacket
Hype, luxury, effortless, and trendy, the Acne Mock leather jacket is crafted to a classic cropped biker silhouette that transcends the seasons. A true investment piece with a good resale value. The Acne biker jacket is less Parisian than the other jackets but it still looks very edgy and has this minimal je-ne-sais-quoi.
Acne Biker Jacket – $1550
How to wear the leather biker jacket
All Saints Dalby Leather Jacket
In All Saints Balfern Jacket
The black leather biker jacket is a year-round statement piece, the perfect it-girl jacket to go with any outfit:
- Casual look: Wear it with ankle boots and jeans.
- Night-out 1: Go for ankle boots and a skirt or short dress.
- Night-out 2: Go for a jumpsuit and stilettos.
- Polished: Wear it with a white shirt and cigarette pants.
- Model off duty look: Wear it with a white shirt, jeans, and white sneakers.
- Party: wear it with a 90’s slip dress. (See here for slip dress ideas)
Concerning the size: I usually take a XS, which is my regular size for a jacket and I want it cropped. Also, it is trendier to wear your leather jacket opened (do not zip it).
More style ideas? How to wear the heavy brown leather jacket for this Fall.
Pin on Pinterest
Disclaimer: This blog post contains affiliate links.