Real elegance is everywhere especially in the things that don’t show – Christian Dior
Do you know that French women put as much effort in their outfit as in their lingerie?
In France, Lingerie is a significant part of our lifestyle.
The first bra model (the word “bra” comes from the French word “Brassière”) was patented in 1889 by the French Herminie Cadolle! Fun fact about this date, it was the same year when the Eiffel Tower was built: two icons of the French culture were created at the same time! Source: Lingerie Française.
For French women, lingerie is not a symbol of pure sexiness but it is a symbol of empowerment, freedom, audacity and sensuality. We (the French women) are very sensitive to the quality of our lingerie, its design and comfort!
The Lingerie Française brands
We love lingerie so much, that we have our own lingerie association: Lingerie Française. This association gathers 14 prestigious French brands: Aubade, Chantelle, Passionata, Empreinte, Maison Lejaby, Antigel, Antinéa, Eprise, Epure, Lise Charmel, Lou, Louisa Bracq, Simone Pérèle and Implicite.
Those brands are very well known by the French: women and men alike.
- Aubade’s advertisements are breathtaking and are a marketing case study in re-known Business School.
- Lise Charmel is a very sophisticated label, and designs the most state-of-the-art corsets
- Simone Perele and Chantelle were part of our daily stylish lingerie wear.
- Maison Legaby and Lou have amazing designs with a very fashionable and chic approach.
Lingerie Française blog – A great source of inspiration for Francophiles
Lingerie Française is one of the most comprehensive blog about lingerie written in English. The blog is a great source of inspiration for Francophiles and tackles different subjects: Lifestyle, The French heritage and culture, underwear tips, styling tips, etc.
- I love to discover the latest campaigns of these brands. A must-see campaign is the “Perfectly Parisian” video. This footage is amazing and the lookbook is to die for. See it here: Perfectly Parisian.
- As Lingerie encompasses the French lifestyle, the blog also speaks about French women and their philosophy. Those articles are very fun and authentic! I really recognize myself in the posts “10 things french women know” and “10 surprising things french women know about love”. You will get amazing insider tips in the article: “5 ways French women age with grace and style”.
- Americans have Victoria Secrets’ Annual Runway, the French have different high-end lingerie couture events. Very intimate and chic, Lingerie Française brings you at the heart of the French know-how. Last events were in Paris during the Haute Couture Fashion Week (See post: “Lingerie Mon Amour on the Catwalk“) and in Miami during Art Basel (See post: “Miami Vice and Virtue“).
- The blog also publishes interesting posts about designers (like Coco Chanel) and fun historical events (the very history of love or “How the bra was born”).
- Because Fashion and Lingerie are very related to each other, the blog provides some amazing style tips: How to style pink (check the post: “La vie en rose”) and how to rock your panties.
10 must-read posts from Lingerie Française
- 10 things french women know
- 10 surprising things french women know about love
- 5 ways French women age with grace and style
- Lace: A brief history of the sexiest textile on earth
- La vie en rose
- 5 empreintes bras you can’t live without
- How to rock your panties
- Lingerie Mon Amour on the Catwalk
- How the bra was born
- The world according to Coco Chanel
If you are a francophile, lingeriephile or looking for fun and inspiring articles, I recommend to read this blog!
Long story short, for French women, lingerie is not only an underwear, it is a statement piece! Functional, effortless chic and sensual, we love Lingerie because it empowers us in many different ways and it is part of our lifestyle and heritage.
- First and Last pictures taken by Julia Comil – Shop the inspiration here
- Other pictures from Lingerie Française
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Lingerie Française but as always the opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make House of Comil possible.
I am living for that neon green bra!
You always have to have really cute lingerie. That first burgundy bra is amazing!
Very chic picks! Love the black lace!
Love these lingerie options. I wear lace sets regularly and love seeing brands I haven’t come across before. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Miki! The lingerie française blog is amazing to introduce French brands
Love this post! Will definitely check out those posts….I have already attted and it’s so informative and intriguing at the same time.
I just love to buy fresh new lingerie. Fab pics!
I don’t say this because I am French (quoique…), but French lingerie is, INDEED, the best!
I will make sure to check that blog out!
I never knew that! Loved learning some new facts 🙂 Makes me want to go out and get a beautiful, quality bra!
Love that post and that red bralette!! xx, Paula, http://www.paulahandrickblog.com
Glad I found your lingerie. One comment though about your webpage here. It is really hard to read the light pink color. Could you please make it a bolder, brighter color please. thanks you
Hi Thia thanks for your message I will change it
I adore all of these! Ugh love!