The black moto leather jacket is one of the favorite French girl staples to achieve an effortless chic look. As a French woman, I can tell that my friends and I are always speaking about our leather biker jacket! We are always dreaming about Saint Laurent, Balenciaga and Iro biker jackets. Fortunately, there are more affordable options to get your perfect leather jacket.
Selection of luxury leather biker jackets versus
premium leather biker jacket at an affordable price
The designer version
The affordable premium version
Where to shop affordable premium womens black leather jacket
Although it is very stylish, the designer leather biker jacket is (very) expensive as it uses premium leather: lambskin. Indeed, lambskin is the softest type of leathers. I was on the hunt for a new affordable leather jacket but I didn’t want to compromise on style and quality. After different trials, I found the perfect fitted motorbike leather jacket at All Saints, and Sezane.
- All Saints: I love All Saints biker jackets. They have different designs and leather types. I will go for sheepskin or lambskin leather biker jackets as they are very soft and buttery. My favorite moto jacket is the Balfern (in sheepskin) and the cut is a little cropped. All Saints also introduces new colors every season.
- Sezane: I love the Sezane Zig leather jacket. This jacket is a Parisian staple. I have one and I also saw many girls wearing it in Paris, New York, and Los Angeles, and each time I loved how it looks! Sezane doesn’t use chrome to tan its leather jackets which is more sustainable.
All Saints Blafern Leather Jacket
DSTLD Leather Moto jacket (not sold anymore)
Sezane Zig Leather Moto jacket chrome-free tanned
How to wear the leather biker jacket
All Saints Dalby Leather Jacket
The black leather biker jacket is a year-round statement piece, the perfect it-girl jacket to go with any outfit:
- Casual look: Wear it with ankle boots and jeans.
- Night-out 1: Go for ankle boots and a skirt or short dress.
- Night-out 2: Go for a jumpsuit and stilettos.
- Polished: Wear it with a white shirt and cigarette pants.
- Model off duty look: Wear it with a white shirt, jeans, and white sneakers.
- Party: wear it with a 90’s slip dress. (See here for slip dress ideas)
Concerning the size: I usually take a XS/ size 0, which is my regular size for a jacket. Also, it is trendier to wear the jacket opened (do not zip it).
Disclaimer: I contacted Sezane and All Saints to try and feature their jackets against a free product. I wore them for more than a year and I am very happy with them and how they evolve. I truly believe these brands are worth knowing and learning about, hence the blog post! As always, opinions are my own. This blog post contains affiliate links.
Photography credits: Stripes Collide / Stephanie M Marie / Nicolas Comil